A Virginia Beach Tree Company Homeowners Guide To Buying A House With Big Trees
What advice can a Virginia Beach Tree Company give you about buying a house? There is an abundance of beautiful homes in the Virginia Beach area. When looking for your perfect home, a beautifully landscaped yard can have a big impact in your decision to purchase. If you are in the market to buy a new home, make sure to not only look at the trees around the property, but examine them before making a final decision.
PROS OF BUYING A VIRGINA BEACH HOUSE WITH MATURE TREES
As long as the trees were planted properly and maintained all while having good health, there could be a lot of potential benefits to buying a Virginia Beach home with big trees nearby.
- Energy savers – According to the USDA Forest Service, “Strategically placed trees save up to 56 percent on annual air-conditioning costs. Evergreens that block winter winds can save 3 percent on heating”. Trees are a natural way to save energy in your home!
- Noise Reduction & Privacy – Trees serve as a way to offer privacy from neighbors, but they also reduce noise by 50% according to the USDA National Agroforestry.
- Great Shade – Trees offer natural shade and can cut down on cooling expenses if they are located in the right spots
- Virginia Beach Home Value – A house with a nicely landscaped yard with trees is aesthetically pleasing and adds to the value of your new home.
CONS OF HAVING BIG TREES NEAR YOUR NEW VIRGINIA BEACH HOME
While there are several wonderful advantages to having trees on your potential new home, there are also some negatives to keep in mind.
- Dead Virgina Beach Trees – having a dead tree on a property is always a large risk. You never know when the tree couple topple or large branches could snap off and damage your house or property. We suggest checking for dead trees and removing before signing or moving in if possible.
- How close is too close? Check to make sure that the trees are not affecting the foundation of the house. You can usually tell when branches are touching or overhanging the house. Also, the trees should not interfere with any cables above or below ground.
If you have your eye on a house to buy and need the trees to be inspected, our highly trained professional at the best Virginia Beach tree company, Tracstar Tree Experts are happy to provide a free inspection! Contact us to get started or for any other tree services in Virginia Beach like tree trimming and tree removal.